Please keep checking back for the official dates for the 8th annual Great Kills Harbor Striped Bass Tournament. For now, please feel free to browse over the information from our 2012 fishing tournament.
Great Kills Harbor Striped Bass Open
Rules and Regulations
1. The 7th Annual Great Kills Harbor striped bass open tournament will be held June 1, 2012 through June 3, 2012.
2. The captains meeting will be held Friday, June 1, 2012 at Michael's Bait & Tackle at 7:00PM (Party starts at 6PM, food and beverages will be served.
3. Entry fee will be $375 per boat. Six persons per boat limit.
4. All entries must be submitted prior to or at the Captain's meeting. NO EXCEPTIONS (only cash accepted at Captain's meeting)
5. There will be a Bass Calcutta of $150 for the total weight of each boat's 4 largest bass and $100 Calcutta for the first and second largest bluefish.
6. Fish must be weighed in between 4:30PM and 6:30PM Saturday and between 4:00PM and 5:00PM Sunday. Fish will be weighed in at these times only.
7. Any eligible fish weighed in on Sunday must be caught after weigh in on Saturday.
8. There will be a $1,000 prize for the largest bass weighed in on Saturday and a $1,000 prize for the largest bass weighed in on Sunday. This prize will be awarded to the largest bass each day that do not qualify for 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall. These daily bass may be used in your Calcutta entry.
9. Prize money is: 1st - $5,000; 2nd - $2,500; 3rd- $1,500; and daily prizes.
10. Only two (2) fish per boat may be weighed in each day. In the event only one eligible fish is caught, it will be awarded all prize money.
11. All communications will be on ch. 72 vhf.
12. Prizes will be determined only by the weight of each fish.
13. All fish weighed in will have a pectoral fin removed by the weigh master and get a CERTIFIED WEIGH IN RECEIPT. Winning fish may become property of tournament sponsor at official's discretion.
14. Fishing is by rod and reel only. Tackle is unlimited as to line test, leader length and double line.
15. Fishing boundaries are from the G.W. Bridge to a line drawn between East Rockaway and Manasquan Inlet.
16. This tournament will abide by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Rules, Regulations and Laws.
17. All anglers fishing this tournament will do so at their own risk. All boats must be registered and carry insurance.
18. Tournament weigh station will be Michael's Bait & Tackle.
19. Prizes and awards will be distributed by check at the June 3, 2012 Awards Ceremony which will be held at Michael's Bait & Tackle at 6PM. All winning fish are subject to internal inspection by judging committee and may become the property of the tournament committee.
20. Fishing may commence immediately after the captains meeting on Friday. Only fish caught on Friday night or Saturday may be weighed in on Saturday. Only fish caught after weigh-in on Saturday may be weighed on Sunday.
21. Awards ceremony and party will be held from 6PM to 7PM on June 3, 2012.
22. Any weather cancellations shall be at the sole judgment of tournament committee.
23. Any fish suspected of being tampered with or to be found with unnatural stomach contents will be disqualified at tournament official's discretion.
24. Any contestant who is eligible for a cash award will be subject to a polygraph test at the sole discretion of the Tournament Committee.
25. The Grand Slam Division is for individual anglers only. An entry fee of $40 is required.
26. This year's event will sponsor a Corporate Division. Each corporate entry will participate with a local charter captain. All Corporate Division entries (for 1st, 2nd & 3rd only) will be fishing for a charity of their choice. Individual corporate fishermen may enter either Calcutta or Grand Slam on their own behalf.
27. Beat The Pro (see more details below) With this competition the minimum bet $50, maximum bet $200. All proceeds by Pro Staff to be donated to charity.
28. All prizes are based on 35 boats entry.
CALCUTTAS AS FOLLOWS:
$150 - - BASS - - Total weight of a boat’s four heaviest striped bass.
(2 fish from Saturday - 2 fish from Sunday)
1ST PLACE - 65% 2ND PLACE - 35%
$100 - - BLUEFISH - - Largest bluefish caught
1ST PLACE – 65% 2ND PLACE – 35%
7th ANNUAL GREAT KILLS HARBOR
STRIPED BASS OPEN
JUNE 1-3, 2012
"MICHAELS PRO STAFF"
During the tournament (although not eligible for any prizes) "Michael's" staff will be alternately fishing on our 32' Regulator.
We hereby challenge any and all entries to a "Two Bass" (total weight) head to head competition.
Any boat may wager from $50 to $200 against "Michael's Pro Staff Team". We will give back odds of 6 to 5 (win $120 for every $100 wager) on any winning wager.
All monies earned by "Michael's Pro Staff" will be donated to a local not-for-profit event to take place in Great Kills Harbor.
ALL TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS APPLY
Win a new
Breitling Superocean 42
watch courtesy of
THE STURDIEST OF BREITLING WATCHES
Blue, yellow, red or silver: the Superocean 42 features a lively play on colors with the beveled inner bezel surrounding the Abyss black dial. This bright touch picked up by the tip of the seconds hand gives each model a powerful personality. The selfwinding movement is protected by a sturdy case water-resistant to 1,500 meters (5,000 ft.) A safety valve serves to balance out differences in pressure inside and outside the watch. A distinctive look mated by peerless performances.
striped bass tournament, striped bass open, staten island open, staten island striped bass tournament, ny fishing tournament, nj fishing tournament, nyc fishing tournament, bluefish calcutta ny, four bass calcutta ny, northeast saltwater fishing tournament, great kills harbor striped bass open, striped bass open, staten island fishing tournament, new york fishing tournament, saltwater striped bass open, striped bass tournaments in new york, saltwater striped bass tournament, fishing great kills harbor,
Join our 7th Annual Great Kills Harbor Striped Bass Open
June 1st - 3rd, 2012 (more info. HERE)
Daily Prizes of $1,000 for the largest (non-winning) Striped Bass
1st Place $5,000
2nd Place $2,500
3rd Place $1,500
Grand Slam Division
$375 entry fee per boat